Greece Take A Break Holidays
Greece a country in south eastern Europe with thousands of islands throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas Athens is its capital Greece is well known for its beaches from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos Greece
Click above for a full list of Hotels Apartments Hostels Holiday homes Bed and Breakfast in the Athens area. We have listed nearly 600 in all just click in and choose what appeals to you.
|Budget / backpacker Holiday Accommodation around Athens|
Above is for a full list of Hotels Apartments Hostels Holiday homes Bed and Breakfast in the Fira area. We have listed nearly 600 in all just click in and choose what appeals to you.
|Family Accommodation around Fira|
If it is the Mykonas area you are looking for then above is for a full list of Hotels Apartments Hostels Holiday homes Bed and Breakfast in the Mykonas area. We have listed nearly 600 in all just click in and choose what appeals to you.
|Beach / seaside Accommodation around Mykonos|
Mykonos island Cyclades Greece.
Mykonos, in Greek: ÎÏÎºÎ¿Î½Î¿Ï [Ëmikonos], is a Greek island, part of the Cyclades, lying between Tinos, Syros, Paros and Naxos. The island spans an area of 85.5 km2 (33 sq mi) and rises to an elevation of 341 m (1,119 ft) at its highest point. There are 9,320 inhabitants (2001) most of whom live in the largest town, Mykonos, which lies on the west coast. The town is also known as Chora (i.e. the Town in Greek, following the common practice in Greece when the name of the island itself is the same as the name of the principal town).
Tourism is a major industry.
Mykonos early human inhabitants were Carians, followed by Ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Cretans and Ionians
In ancient times, Mykonos, due to its proximity to the then highly populated island of Delos (situated about 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) away), became very important as a supply island and possibly as a getaway location for Delian citizens.
In Greek mythology Mykonos was the location of the battle between Zeus and the Titans, and the island was named in honor of Mykons, son of Anios who was a son of Apollo and nymph named Rio.
Since the 20th century
Tourism has dominated the economy since the 1950s
So, Mykonos island is part of the Cyclades islands group in the Aegean Sea. Mykonos is, with Santorini and Crete, the most famous and popular Greek islands and attracts thousands of visitors every year. The Greek island is famous for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, its gay community, its exciting nightlife that is often compared to Ibiza, its picturesque Cycladic capital full of mykonian whitewashed houses and blue domed churches, its luxery hotels, the sightseeings and its magnificent sandy beaches. This guide of Mykonos Greece provides much information: pictures, map, villages, history, museums, architecture, excursions, weather and more such as a large range of hotels.
Lonely Planet Greece (Travel Guide).
Lonely Planet Greece is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Roam through the hilltop ruins of the Acropolis, climb to the monastery-capped rock pinnacles of Meteora, or ferry across to one of the breathtakingly beautiful islands; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Greece and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Greece Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine and customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Athens map (included in print version), plus over 130 maps
- Covers Athens, Crete, Santorini, the Ionian Islands, Evia, the Sporades, the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, the Saronic Gulf Islands, Macedonia, the Northeastern Aegean Islands, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Greece, our most comprehensive guide to Greece, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Greece? Check out Lonely Planet Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Athens? Check out Lonely Planet Pocket Athens, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
Did you know âAccommodationâ is one of the most misspelt words in the English language? Here are some variations:
Accomadation, Accomodation, Acommodation.
Also Bed Breakfast Bed and BreakfastÂ B&B BB or BnB details for your next vacation local Regional Cuisines information guide. B and B is an English traditional holiday idea, often hard to find in some parts of the world.
Take A Break Holidays takeabreakholidays,Â Greece Accommodation.
San Francisco De Asis, Urb Marina, San Fulgencio, 03177, Alicante, Spain.