South America Nestled between the Caribbean the South Pacific
South America is a continent located in the western hemisphere, mostly in the southern hemisphere, with a relatively small portion in the northern hemisphere.
Cooking Holidays in The Americas & Caribbean
Where do you fancy? The choice is yours just pick one and click in.
From 3 or 4 day short courses right the way through to 8 Weeks Argentine Cookery Holidays in Buenos Aires.
Your opportunity to find that special once in a lifetime break, or if you are just a foodie you will not be spoilt for choice
Brazil dream destination full of both adventure and constant fun find Accommodation We are here to help you realise the dream of visiting this paradise, where the sun shines virtually twelve months of the year.
The bordering countries are Peru to the north, Bolivia to north east and Argentina to the east. Listing of local Accommodation.
Peru has 2nd highest number bird species in world
Peru is located in western South America the Capital is Lima which is situated on its long coastline.
Peru is also home to a section of Amazon rainforest and Machu Picchu, an ancient Incan city high in the Andes mountains.
South America: Top Ten Things To Do.
Top Ten Things To Do in these South American countries:
Ecuador – Galapagos,
Peru – Machu Picchu.
Chile – Santiago, History, Wine, Volcanoes and Glaciers.
Argentina – Ushuaia, Antartica, Buenos Aires: La Boca,
Mendoza Wine country, Bariloche Lake District.
Uruguay – Montevideo and Punta Del Este.
Brazil – Rio de Janeiro, Christ The Redeemer, Copacabana, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Amazon Wildlife and nature, Recife beaches, Salvador Culture and Churchs.
Lonely Planet South America on a shoestring (Travel Guide).
Lonely Planet South America on a Shoestring is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimize your budget for an extended continental trip.
Drift between river towns in the Amazon, shake it in Rio de Janeiro or hustle for traditional crafts in Ecuador all with your trusted travel companion.
Get to the heart of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s South America on a Shoestring Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, lifestyle, arts, religion, outdoor activities, cuisine, sports, environment, politics.
- Over 170 maps
- Covers Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet South America on a Shoestring is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet Argentina, Brazil or Chile & Easter Island, our most comprehensive guides that cover South America’s top sights and offbeat experiences.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Sandra Bao, Celeste Brash, Gregor Clark, Alex Egerton, Brian Kluepfel, Tom Masters, Carolyn McCarthy, Kevin Raub, Paul Smith, Phillip Tang, Lucas Vidgen.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community.
Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to South America. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA.
Take A Break Holidays
Did you know âAccommodationâ is one of the most misspelt words in the English language? Here are some variations:
Accomadation, Accomodation, Acommodation.
Also Bed Breakfast Bed and Breakfast B&B BB or BnB details for your next vacation local Regional Cuisines information guide. B and B is an English traditional holiday idea, often hard to find in some parts of the world.
takeabreakholidays, South America Accommodation.
San Francisco De Asis, Urb Marina, San Fulgencio, 03177, Alicante, Spain.